Did you know one of the best types of dentistry for a healthy smile is prevention dentistry? Faithfully visiting your dentist for regular check-ups can help you maintain a great smile in a few ways. First, getting a detailed professional cleaning every six months can help prevent plaque and tartar buildup that home care alone may not be able to prevent. In addition, receiving an exam and x-rays periodically will help your dentist catch early signs of decay and other dental issues. Treating these problems early can save you from extensive dental decay and emergency treatments later on.
Our regular visits include professional cleanings as well as other treatments that can also help when recommended by your dentist. Depending on treatment needed, regular visits may include:
- Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Removing plaque and tartar buildup is a must at every regular visit.
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Every visit will include an oral cancer screening for the safety of your teeth and overall health.
- Intraoral Digital Camera
- A fast, comfortable and precise way of getting a closer look at your smile.
- Teeth-Strengthening Mineral Application
- This application can help strengthen weak teeth and can be used on both children and adults.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants provide a protective layer over your back molars to prevent unnecessary tooth decay in hard-to-reach areas of your mouth.
- Athletic Mouthguards
- For those involved in sports, a custom athletic mouthguard can be ordered at a regular visit to protect your smile from injury!
- TMJ Disorder Treatment
- If you are experiencing jaw pain or discomfort, your dentist can check for signs of TMJ disorder and help you find relief.
Of course, seeing your dentist twice a year is not the only thing that will contribute to a healthy smile. At-home dental care is also key! Daily brushing and flossing will help your teeth stay free from bacteria and decay. Avoiding sugary foods is also a good practice for preventing cavities.
If you are in search of a dentist in Denver, CO, call us today to set up a new patient visit! Our team will go the extra mile to see that you get the care you deserve and help you stay on the right track with your smile.